• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Hoenn Teen Mon simple. (a pokemon emerald monotype nuzcomic.)

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
*insert hype-up training montage music* | update 8/11/21!

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They, Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because they're the two rarest types, they're the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
ooooooooooo
this looks neat

Blacksheep28

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
This is adorable! Exactly the kind of pokemon content I live for, cute pokemon doing cute things

Hallow

hec
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 18, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
this pokémon is gay
androgynous af protag who does not care gender? extremely cozy art style? awkward preteens? three pokémon physically attaching themselves to one trainer? ruleset that is almost sure to result in pain at some point or another in the journey? count me tf in

this is a gravy stan account

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
I could have sworn I watched this thread ages ago but apparently I didn't? Smh mh head past me, what were you doing? Lmao. Well, rectified now!

The art style of this run is really pleasant! I love the use of color, and the character designs for both the humans and the Pokemon? Very good. Like I never thought I'd see a Zigzagoon with curly wavy fur but wow you did that! You did that and it works so well and I love it! And all the Pokemon have such personalities just through their behavior and expressions - I love runs where the Pokemon can talk too, of course, but it's always really cool to see runs that don't use that method and find other ways of fleshing out their Pokemon instead :0 And the and the whole villainous team thing being shaken up... I'm loving this whole thing so far. Definitely looking forward to the next update!

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. ???
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
page_8_update.png

it's an update! this month! woah!!

read on deviantart, or down below!
Oh GOSH, poor awkward Wally... and honestly I can't blame the kids for being scared of Norman. Even when not doing a Nuzlocke, I fear his gym challenge like something else... and also, kudos to how you draw scenery! Rustboro looks like such a comfy city to live in...

in-game, norman is DEFINITELY a scary figure. (a whole vigoroth...a whole slaking....BELLY DRUM...) in-comic, it does seem like he gives off a certain vibe!
and thank you!! cityscapes are definitely something new for me, so i'm glad it looks like a nice place.

Wally is awkward, but I love him. And Wuby... overstimulation can be rough, I hope they can pull through!

I really like your interpretation of Roxanne as well! The part where she fishes for what to say about Norman was very fun

all the hustle of a city can be hard for anxiety and sensory stuff alike... i hope so too!
and thank you!! roxanne's parts were really fun to draw (even though drawing her hair for the first time was a. Humbling experience), so i'm glad you liked her!

gosh this comic is so CUTE... reading it just feels like really chill vibes and i love that about it. it's calming to read. your art is so wonderful!

;__; thank you so much!!

Oh my gosh, the social anxiety...... these poor children are just doing their best, I love them

they are trying so hard.... it's hard making friends as a socially awkward preteen when they aren't a wild pokemon, lol!

Ahh, one of the best parts of a nuzcomic being in the early stages of the story is that all of the Pokemon buddies are smol and travel sized. I love all of Wuby's Pokemon wanting to ride on their shoulders or be carried! Very cute ^^
Wally is delightfully awkward and I love him. Both his and Wuby's anxiety around other people is super relatable andI love how you showed it through their body language and expressions rather than stating it out right. They're both valid kids and I would die for them.

thank you!! aw yeah, though if everything goes alright they won't be travel sized for much longer... ;; they grow up so fast.......
and thank you so much! i'm happy to show off more of the kids, and i'm excited for y'all to get to know them!!

Looks like Wuby is everyone's taxi now. Though I really like that when Wuby notices that Gravy is lagging behind, they stop and think about it feeling unfair instead of instantly returning Gravy to make things easier. It speaks volumes for Wuby's empathy towards his pokemon, even in a world where he can't talk to his pokemon to know them better that way.

thank you, i'm so glad that came across!! i wanted to show that understanding and emphasing with pokemon comes easy to wuby- maybe a bit easier than with other humans!

roxanne is so wholesome, i love how the text in the background is like "drink water and call your parents and be good" it's such a cute scene! between that and the lowkey peanuts vibe i'm getting in that very last strip (i think it's the way you drew the eyes, very charlie brown-ish to me) i think you absolutely knocked it out of the park on this one :)

thank you so much!! i wanted to have roxanne to kind of give off 'older-sister' energy... or maybe just 'exhuasted teen camp conselour' lol!

This is adorable! Exactly the kind of pokemon content I live for, cute pokemon doing cute things

aw, thank you! luckily, ive found i quite like making content of cute pokemon doing cute things, lol!

androgynous af protag who does not care gender? extremely cozy art style? awkward preteens? three pokémon physically attaching themselves to one trainer? ruleset that is almost sure to result in pain at some point or another in the journey? count me tf in

this is a gravy stan account

lol all the ingredients for a cute painful comic! thank you for your support of gravy- im excited to show more of him in the upcoming pages! :^)

I could have sworn I watched this thread ages ago but apparently I didn't? Smh mh head past me, what were you doing? Lmao. Well, rectified now!

The art style of this run is really pleasant! I love the use of color, and the character designs for both the humans and the Pokemon? Very good. Like I never thought I'd see a Zigzagoon with curly wavy fur but wow you did that! You did that and it works so well and I love it! And all the Pokemon have such personalities just through their behavior and expressions - I love runs where the Pokemon can talk too, of course, but it's always really cool to see runs that don't use that method and find other ways of fleshing out their Pokemon instead :0 And the and the whole villainous team thing being shaken up... I'm loving this whole thing so far. Definitely looking forward to the next update!

ah, thank you so much!! i was always a big fan of natural variations of pokemon, and i thought it would be fun to put them in my own run. i wanted to try some new things i don't typically see in runs, and im glad you're liking it so far!

authors notes:
- (😳 this was supposed to be posted last night but i fell asleep 😳 )
- it's a page! woah! it's been a little bit, huh? i felt a bit weird coming back after a hot minute with a relatively low-key page, but... this is a relatively low-key comic, so!
- we get to meet wuby's mom this page!! i think she is very neat. im excited for yall to see her!
- i think one of the best parts of early pokemon aesthetic is the super-futuristic technology with early 2000s design sense, and i really wanted to use that! (the idea of a crt tv with facetime is so funny to me)
- training very soon, and that means gym very soon! (maybe before simple's anniversary...?!)
- thank you again for your comments and support! have a safe and happy pride, yall.

(bonus art, in honor of the Month!:
WUBY_FLAG_3a.png

(there is a non zero chance i made sure to update this month so i could post this.)

simple_page_8_by_sealclown_dem0abm-fullview.jpg

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Again, I just absolutely adore the colors you use!! It's such a nice palette on the eyes :) And I'm curious to see how the first gym battle will go too...

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Yo hi I love this update so much????? Mom’s subtle push for Wuby to make friends cuts deep, oh my gosh. and Pebble is so cute here…….!

GreyCorsola

Actually can't read
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 28, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Often seen lurking around the web, but loves social interaction and wants to meet all sorts of wonderful people!
I absolutely love this conversation, you did a great job!

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Aaaaaaahhhdskjdfsls the colors! They are getting even better!! The summer nostalgia palette is resonating in my soul 🥺 💕
I'm a big fan of the old-timey looking tech with modern functionality, that's what the Pokémon world is supposed to look like, dammit! :D
The sheer amount of nicknames Wuby's mom has for them..... so cute ;A;
Hehe Wuby leveled up to anime protagonist with that final panel. Epic coat swish!

crashcrashcrash

More like trashtrashtrash, amiright
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 11, 2021
Nature
Brave
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Flying
Oh man, I adore this. It is. SO cute. And so... relaxing, which is not something I typically ever expect for a Nuzlocke, but boy howdy do you pull it off! Everyone and their dog has already complemented your color pallet so I'm gonna say look at those lines! They're so grainy and imperfect, and the way the colors don't fit exactly inside them... it contributes to the mood so well. It looks like everything the absentminded scribbles in the margins of my homework ever wanted to be and more. I can only imagine how long it takes to get that effect, so... take my appreciation!

And this page is so sweet. Wuby loves their Pokes so much, and I do too! That "human friends" question, though... I was going to say how relatable it felt, but then Wuby already had multiple answers to show for it so that's out :') Still though, Wuby and Wally go great together, personality-wise! Here's hoping the rock gym doesn't give you too much trouble, because yikes using only normals against it doesn't sound like fun.

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I like the purple effect that shows up upon the realization that Wuby hasn't really made any human friends yet. It help sells the emotion. At least he is starting to make friends with Wally, which should satisfy their mother for now. I like how Pebbles tries to show off towards Wuby's mom over the video call.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
Yes, hello? Everyone and everything in this comic is a certifiable bean. That is my proclamation. I am in love with this comic. 😍

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I’m still so in love with the colors and style of this comic. Wally’s design with the little detail of the paint on their sleeves is just... peak character design, honestly.

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. ???
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
page_9_promo.png

oh man an update that's wild
read here on deviantart!
Again, I just absolutely adore the colors you use!! It's such a nice palette on the eyes :) And I'm curious to see how the first gym battle will go too...
thank you!! experimenting with different colors is always fun with simple! even when i have a clear bias for purple and orange ha

i'm really excited to show y'all the first gym battle!! which will probably also be our first full-length battle of the comic, lol.

Yo hi I love this update so much????? Mom’s subtle push for Wuby to make friends cuts deep, oh my gosh. and Pebble is so cute here…….!
thank you- i really tried to channel 'well-meaning and trying to be supportive parent' here, lol!

I absolutely love this conversation, you did a great job!
it was definitely a conversation i wanted to try to do well, being everyone's first impression of wuby's mom... thank you so much!

Aaaaaaahhhdskjdfsls the colors! They are getting even better!! The summer nostalgia palette is resonating in my soul 🥺 💕
I'm a big fan of the old-timey looking tech with modern functionality, that's what the Pokémon world is supposed to look like, dammit! :D
The sheer amount of nicknames Wuby's mom has for them..... so cute ;A;
Hehe Wuby leveled up to anime protagonist with that final panel. Epic coat swish!
thank you!! it was really fun coming up with pokemon-style little nicknames (and i may or may not have a list somewhere)
also wuby's pose may have been inspired by somebody lmao
cool_pose1.png

Oh man, I adore this. It is. SO cute. And so... relaxing, which is not something I typically ever expect for a Nuzlocke, but boy howdy do you pull it off! Everyone and their dog has already complemented your color pallet so I'm gonna say look at those lines! They're so grainy and imperfect, and the way the colors don't fit exactly inside them... it contributes to the mood so well. It looks like everything the absentminded scribbles in the margins of my homework ever wanted to be and more. I can only imagine how long it takes to get that effect, so... take my appreciation!

And this page is so sweet. Wuby loves their Pokes so much, and I do too! That "human friends" question, though... I was going to say how relatable it felt, but then Wuby already had multiple answers to show for it so that's out :') Still though, Wuby and Wally go great together, personality-wise! Here's hoping the rock gym doesn't give you too much trouble, because yikes using only normals against it doesn't sound like fun.
thank you so much! i do lean into less clean lines for simple, for both style reasons and time reasons, lol! (and also i use the "real g-pen" in clip studio paint! i really like how sorta-pixely and crunchy it is.)

and im sure using an all-normal team in a rock gym will be totally painless :'')

I like the purple effect that shows up upon the realization that Wuby hasn't really made any human friends yet. It help sells the emotion. At least he is starting to make friends with Wally, which should satisfy their mother for now. I like how Pebbles tries to show off towards Wuby's mom over the video call.
hehe, it makes me happy to hear that came across! of course, pebbles is a star and all the world a stage

Yes, hello? Everyone and everything in this comic is a certifiable bean. That is my proclamation. I am in love with this comic. 😍
they are all just so very baby......... (thank you!)

I’m still so in love with the colors and style of this comic. Wally’s design with the little detail of the paint on their sleeves is just... peak character design, honestly.
thanks!! i wanted to change up wally's design a bit, as part of my version of them in simple! (......im bad at remembering to add the paint but lets just assume wally keeps trying to wash it off lol)
- another shorter and simpler page, but we will be really for real be starting the gym fight next page! really for real. pinky promise
- (i wanted to keep this page relatively basic art-wise to get me extra time for the very architecture-heavy pages i have ahead of me, but this one still ended up taking longer that i thought for some reason :'D)
- totally unrelated to future pages, but you really forget how little time you have with your pokemon as small and portable. by the second gym most of your little guys are twice their original size! they grow up so fast...
- wally's snacks are lava cookies, though in the comic they are definitely much closer to rice crackers.
- i always feel like i have a lot to say about some pages, but so much time passes between lining and posting i always forget...
- (also, it'd be very likely that i'd get another catch here, wouldn't it...?)

and i mentioned this on the deviantart mirror, but it's simple's birthday! (...or was, at this point, lol!) i plan on having another update this month, so ill save all my thoughts n feelings for then. but until then!! thank you for all of your kind words!!!!

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Berries and kibble HKHKDFGHKJFH amazing, I'm sure that tastes delicious to Pokemon.

Poko chasing that poor Skitty!!! Be nice!!

And oh, the pre-battle nerves before the big gym fight...

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
I love this comic. It’s got a nice soft aesthetic, and Wally is a wonderful bean.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
I snorted at the Skitty scrunching up like NOPE. I never really considered just how hard the first gym is going to be for a normal-type team... Maybe kinda worried.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Oh... oh goodness... this is so soft... so warm... so sweet... Sparks SO much joy... Woby is so precious! What a soft awkward wee preteen who has the cutest Sentret plushie, I'm love them 😭 ❤️ I like the idea to do a Hoenn normalocke because you're canonically the Normal-type gym leader's kid! It makes sense for Wuby to have an interest in normal-types specifically, and it's super sweet ❤️ Gosh I love this

lucas2

That one Zigzagoon
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 21, 2020
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
All Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon lives in solitude. It takes great motivation for it to even lift a finger, and the only thing it has any energy to do is draw.
ah, a fellow zigzagoon enjoyer. also

dies from overdose of amazing, super cute and warm artstyle i love it so much sjjshsgdajgshjhgs

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Finally caught up on this again after a while away from the forums and not only is it just as darling as I remember, but there's all these new insights to the world and characters! I love love love that you turned the aqua grunt in the forest into some dorky publicity stunt. That entire scene was great. And then the tent, and the syrup, and Wuby settling down with zigzagoon in their arms instead of the plush sentret? To die for. Speaking of die, Gym Time!!! The rock type gym as your first is gonna be rough with a team of normal types, I'm a little nervous for our hero now that I think about it. And Wally! Augh these two awkward shy quiet beans, together and loosely regarding the other as their only friend. Also the whole phone call with the mom just added an entire new dimension to Wuby and their journey and I'm here for it and also for her large bird.

Users who are viewing this thread