• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Hoenn Teen Mon simple. (a pokemon emerald monotype nuzcomic.)

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
*insert hype-up training montage music* | update 8/11/21!

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
ooh is this the rival?
she looks like a proper league challenger!
compared to her the main character looks like a camper here lol
looking forward to their back stories

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
ohhh what a cute little curly hair zigzagoon! i love that it has a different design from poko so we can tell them apart. it makes sense that not every pokemon looks exactly the same

PrincessofSin

Forum Oldie
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 5, 2020
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Poison
this is so adorable!! i love your art style and i really enjoy the simplicity of it (har har unintentional joke). your variances in zigzagoon is a really nice touch between Poko and Cue!

the color palette is so beautiful for this comic, it reminds me so much of fall and i want a blanket in this color palette to just curl up in.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
This is so warm and delightful. It looks like pumpkin pie tastes :) And I love monolockes and normal types! Will be following! :)

Cas

certified knucklehead
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 29, 2020
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Oh, I love this so much! The art style is just precious and I'm really intrigued about Wuby. (Was Cue's name a pun on "curly cue"?) I just adore that the different Pokemon have different tells in their appearance.

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
I really love how cute this comic is so far, it kind of embraces its title really well from the art style to the narrative thus far to the interactions between character, its Simple yet heartful and I really love everything about it so even though we've just started ;w ; can't wait to see more<3

Pixxyofice

A Literal Vulpix
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 27, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/her, They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Filled with too many ideas, surrounded by obligations and weighed by the very ideas that swirl around them. Be patient with them.
ahhh this is so warm and cute and i love the other trainer's design!! did i mention its warm? also that last panel's "ah" is such a mood

woodsparrow

!!
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Normal
Lovely art, lovely style and great use of colour.

This is a cute delight to read. I'm going to look forward to updates!

I remember my first ruby/sapphire playthrough, zigzagoon easily became my favourite gen iii pokemon... who can say no to the adorable little guy!!

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. ???
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
page_4_update.png
hey, it's an update! in november! woah!
read on deviantart, or down below on the forums!

HFHKJRGJHGHJDGDG I felt so much emotion in that "ah." from that poor girl.
THE EMOTIONAL PAIN OF IMMEDIATELY LOSING.....the emotional toll of immediately losing to a level 7 zigzagoon....

Honestly, that first panel is my favourite of this page. You can just feel the characters standing and letting the moment soak in, feeling the warm breeze. I love how this comic incorporates quiet, meaningful moments like that.
What's cuter than one fluffy Zigzagoon? Two fluffy Zigzagoons! The "Ah." in the last panel invokes a certain emotion that I really relate to, haha.

thank you so much!! i definitely wanted to keep a balance between moving too slowly and taking the time to just enjoy the scenery- really channeling my wish to go camping, lol. having more fluffy zigzagoons means i get to draw more fluffy zigzagoons, which is a win-win for me!

ooh is this the rival?
she looks like a proper league challenger!
compared to her the main character looks like a camper here lol
looking forward to their back stories
she does look like she's a lot more league-ready then wuby, that's for sure lol. i'm excited to show more about wuby and the other league challengers in the future!

ohhh what a cute little curly hair zigzagoon! i love that it has a different design from poko so we can tell them apart. it makes sense that not every pokemon looks exactly the same
i was thinking about how much different dog breeds look from each other, and how much dogs of even the same breed look different- it just seemed to make sense that would be true for pokemon too and also it's an excuse to draw more fluffy zigzagoons!

this is so adorable!! i love your art style and i really enjoy the simplicity of it (har har unintentional joke). your variances in zigzagoon is a really nice touch between Poko and Cue!

the color palette is so beautiful for this comic, it reminds me so much of fall and i want a blanket in this color palette to just curl up in.
thank you- i really love working with golden-hour and fall-ish palletes, and it's really nice to hear that you're liking it!

This is so warm and delightful. It looks like pumpkin pie tastes :) And I love monolockes and normal types! Will be following! :)
this run definitely made me really appreciate normal types, and really made me want to try other monolockes too lol. thank you so much!!

Oh, I love this so much! The art style is just precious and I'm really intrigued about Wuby. (Was Cue's name a pun on "curly cue"?) I just adore that the different Pokemon have different tells in their appearance.

thank you very much!! i'm excited for y'all to learn more about her ; ) and yeah, that's exactly it on cue's name!

I really love how cute this comic is so far, it kind of embraces its title really well from the art style to the narrative thus far to the interactions between character, its Simple yet heartful and I really love everything about it so even though we've just started ;w ; can't wait to see more<3
thank you so so much!! ;_; it makes me really happy to hear that it feels heartfelt, which was a big goal of mine while making simple!

ahhh this is so warm and cute and i love the other trainer's design!! did i mention its warm? also that last panel's "ah" is such a mood
warm and cozy is my definitely my goal :) thank you!

Lovely art, lovely style and great use of colour.

This is a cute delight to read. I'm going to look forward to updates!

I remember my first ruby/sapphire playthrough, zigzagoon easily became my favourite gen iii pokemon... who can say no to the adorable little guy!!
thank you!! i don't really consider coloring a strong suit of mine (which is why simple is in color lol- so i make myself do it more!) so it's really nice to hear!
i thought zigzagoon was cute before doing this run, but i totally fell in love with the little guy during this playthrough! the pure joy that i felt when galar zigzagoon was released was Real

from the deviantart page:
- our taillow friend finally has a name!! i forgot to earlier, so i can talk about catches now...
- poko was my very first catch on route 102, and immediately replaced my starter- so he's definitely my "real" starter, lol. + pebbles was my route 104 catch!
- maybe pebbles should be glad he wasn't named "dirt" or "house" or "off-screen vaguely defined tree"
- cindy is based off lady cindy on route 104 as well! she was the very first person i got the pokenav number for, and she left an impression! : ) (partially because she gave me, like, 2000 dollars)
- me: oh thank goodness i finally showed my character's names in-comic so i don't have to be vague about them anymore : ) *introduces new unnamed characters*
- SPEAKING OF we meet two very special characters this page. i am SO excited for people to see more of them... a certainly very evil and malicious bad guy and a very unsuspicious upstanding scientist man
- im a little hit or miss on the art for this page but i think some individual panels are my favorite that ive done for the comic so far!
- i know i say this every single time, but thank you so much for your comments!! i really, really appreciate it ;__;
- (also if you read this update in the first hour it was up i completely missed that i left in some filler dialogue OTL. it's fixed now though lol!)

de93ci5-6f198cbc-b419-44ea-b0ee-9a1826014cf0.png

Last edited:

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Pebbles..... what a cute nickname.... it even rhymes with mine!

Why do I feel like that poor, poor Team Aqua goon is about to get humiliated?

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Wohoo! I think I will leav emy comment in here thsi time instead of in DA
yess.. yess. Pebble should be thankful of its cute name!
and yep those alternative name are horrible
so CIndy and Wuby eh? cute names ^ ^ good touch to turn that lady into your rival char!
so is Cindy also a rich lady here?

ALso since CIndy mentioned a league event,
I wonder if the aqua shenanigans in this series are just staged game made by the league?
sounds fun!

woodsparrow

!!
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Normal
Wuby names things like I do and for this they have my utmost respect. Who knows why the mind just goes blank when you've got to name something and casting your eyes about the room is just you really looking for an escape route... too much responsibility, truly.

As for the colouring: that is a very clever idea. You're doing a marvelous job of it; I like the colour choices. It is all very pleasing to the eyes. For some reason I am instantly reminded of autumn.

Riboo

Johto League Champion
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 24, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
Pebbles all: I'm not too sure about this name ; - ;

Also, I really love things in your comic so far, so I'm wondering how Aqua in general will be handled? For some reason I can't picture things getting too serious up in here (ALSO THAT LAST PANEL XDDDDDD)

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Every single panel with Pebbles in it is my favorite panel. I will die for that bird. I will eat some rocks for that bird.

DoricFox

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 22, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
Fae/faer, she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Gaymer fox pokemon. Uses humor and attention to keep those around it as cheery as possible.
Every single page is just so cute and soft! The characters are adorable and fun, each panel has nice, pretty colors, and the writing so really endearing. Each character's personality really shines through in both dialogue and design (one of my Favorite things to see). That little kid that Wuby defeats in the middle? So cute!!! And the scientist and grunt that sounds like roleplayers having fun are so, so good!

Every time a page comes out, it really just brightens my day. Absolutely wonderful comic and I hope I can get a desktop background in this style someday. Love this!!!!

Spacey

Master of Feels
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Their mind is more often in the clouds than not. Most likely sick. Will probably eat your snacks.
Ohhhh, this comic is my jam. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The coloring really sets the mood and the ziggy pups are precious fuzzballs. Also Wuby sleeps with a Sentret plush so naturally I want to be their best friend.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Oh wow, I love this??? The style is so cute, and I love the names, and the pacing and colors are just fantastic. Such a great idea with team aqua, as well!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Pebbles oh my gosh that's such a cute name. All of these characters are so precious thus far and I love every second of interaction with them. I am excited to see more of the new two- especially that very cool sounding Team Aqua member.

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. ???
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
unknown.png

it's a d-d-d-double update!! (it's still december for me, so, not late technically)
disclaimer: do not actually let wild animals into your tents, even if they ask very nicely
read here, or on deviantart! (page 6 here)​
Pebbles..... what a cute nickname.... it even rhymes with mine!

Why do I feel like that poor, poor Team Aqua goon is about to get humiliated?

thank you!! hopefully his pride as a diabolic team aqua grunt will stay intact until the next random challenger walks by

Wohoo! I think I will leav emy comment in here thsi time instead of in DA
yess.. yess. Pebble should be thankful of its cute name!
and yep those alternative name are horrible
so CIndy and Wuby eh? cute names ^ ^ good touch to turn that lady into your rival char!
so is Cindy also a rich lady here?

ALso since CIndy mentioned a league event,
I wonder if the aqua shenanigans in this series are just staged game made by the league?
sounds fun!

ah, i am much better at responding on comments here than on da. (:'D sorry to everyone i haven't responded to over there!) and thank you!! there's definitely a lot of in-game things i try to incorporate, but quite a few things i've changed- it'll be fun to show what is the same and what isn't.
and she did mention a league event, didn't she? :3c i'll guess we'll see!

Wuby names things like I do and for this they have my utmost respect. Who knows why the mind just goes blank when you've got to name something and casting your eyes about the room is just you really looking for an escape route... too much responsibility, truly.

As for the colouring: that is a very clever idea. You're doing a marvelous job of it; I like the colour choices. It is all very pleasing to the eyes. For some reason I am instantly reminded of autumn.

nicknaming pokemon after the first thing you think of is a top-tier method, imo. the emotional weight of opening 'behind the name' dot com and finding a thematically relevant name... crushing.
and again, thank you so much!! i'm so glad you've been liking it, it's been pretty fun to work with my colouring recently.

Pebbles all: I'm not too sure about this name ; - ;

Also, I really love things in your comic so far, so I'm wondering how Aqua in general will be handled? For some reason I can't picture things getting too serious up in here (ALSO THAT LAST PANEL XDDDDDD)

probably not the most majestic name he could imagine, lol. and thank you!! things definitely don't seem that serious right now, for sure. and the last panel is one of the most emotionally raw things i have ever drawn
actually, everything is the exact same except maxie has a gun

Every single panel with Pebbles in it is my favorite panel. I will die for that bird. I will eat some rocks for that bird.
unknown.png

im positive pebbles would be very pleased to hear about his loyal fanbase
(thank you, he's always really fun to draw!!)

Every single page is just so cute and soft! The characters are adorable and fun, each panel has nice, pretty colors, and the writing so really endearing. Each character's personality really shines through in both dialogue and design (one of my Favorite things to see). That little kid that Wuby defeats in the middle? So cute!!! And the scientist and grunt that sounds like roleplayers having fun are so, so good!

Every time a page comes out, it really just brightens my day. Absolutely wonderful comic and I hope I can get a desktop background in this style someday. Love this!!!!

aa thank you for the kind words! it really makes me happy to hear that you're liking it. it's been fun to work on, and i'm glad that its been working for you both visually and dialogue-wise. thank you!

Ohhhh, this comic is my jam. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The coloring really sets the mood and the ziggy pups are precious fuzzballs. Also Wuby sleeps with a Sentret plush so naturally I want to be their best friend.

thank you so much!! glad to hear that it gives off those warm and fuzzy vibes! zigzagoons are such little creatures, and i would give a lot of things to have a life-sized sentret plushie, personally

Oh wow, I love this??? The style is so cute, and I love the names, and the pacing and colors are just fantastic. Such a great idea with team aqua, as well!

thank you very much- pacing is something i don't have as much experience in, so i'm glad to know it's working so far! in general, i wanted to try a bit more light-hearted team aqua, and i ended up really liking those two.

Pebbles oh my gosh that's such a cute name. All of these characters are so precious thus far and I love every second of interaction with them. I am excited to see more of the new two- especially that very cool sounding Team Aqua member.

thank you!! it's been fun drawing their interactions, and i'm excited to show more in the future for all of them! i think it's pretty likely that this isn't the last time we'll see such a cool, suave, dastardly team aqua grunt

- HELL YEAH ITS GRAVY TIME
- i love all my children equally but i'm really excited to be able to talk about gravy. he was my petalburg forest catch, and i was really lucky to get him- for those who don't know, slakoth has a 5% encounter rate in petalburg forest and its the only place you can get any of it's evolutionary line... so, yay!
- i actually hadn't been documenting this run before i got gravy. i wasn't really planning on getting past the looming threat of the First Two Gyms, but after being lucky enough to catch him i started taking things a bit more seriously.
- this pages were also really fun to make! 6 is my favorite so far. a lot of fun expressions and it was fun to play with lighting and color
- and for the 5th page, can you tell that im trying to get better at action scenes before the first gym battle lol
- ( and hopefully i dont have to make like, 50 revisions for silly mistakes like last time lmao )

and also saying here- thank you all so much for supporting simple this year!! i really appreciate all of your comments (even if im bad at responding :'D) and...pretty happy with the work i've made! i've definitely learned a lot, and hope to do more. see y'all next year!

simple_page_5_by_sealclown_debexsp-fullview.jpg
simple_page_6_by_sealclown_debeyjt-fullview.png

Last edited:

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Ooooh a new child! Loving the bit of motivation we’re getting this part :)

Users who are viewing this thread