• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Hoenn Teen Mon simple. (a pokemon emerald monotype nuzcomic.)

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
*insert hype-up training montage music* | update 8/11/21!

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. ???
simple_cover_baby_A.png

a pokemon emerald normal-type monolocke.
or, being a kid on a journey with your magical animal friends.

----

hi there! i've been wanting to make a comic for a long time, until i realized i could just... start making one, instead of just thinking about it really hard. this is based on one of my favorite nuzlocke runs i've done, and i hope y'all enjoy it too! this is my first long-form comic, so this will be mostly for experience and fun, and hopefully? entertainment?

im gunning for a ~monthly update schedule, but with school + The World it might bit on and off.

now has a (work-in-progress) tumblr blog!

rules:
1. if a pokemon faints, into the pc they go.
2. you can only catch one pokemon per route, and only the first non-duplicate normal-type pokemon you encounter.
3. you get three chances to find a non-dupe normal type, then you're done for the route.
4. for special cases:
4a. you can use pokemon that will lose their normal-typing upon evolution (like azurill!) but you still can't use it's evolutions. (so still no marill or azumarill.) if you accidentaly evolve it, ya gotta box it.
4b. normal-type gift pokemon are legal, even if you've already caught a pokemon in that "area"!
4c. normal-type safari pokemon are allowed with one catch per safari zone.
5. nickname your pokemon, of course!

(last update: 8/11/21)
01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09
you can also start here, on deviantart!

TEAM:
263.gif
276.gif
287.gif

BADGES: 0
KOs: 0
TIME LEFT: 12 WEEKS

this list will likely change, and some topics are in the far future, but as a heads up-
- mild/moderate violence/blood/injury, as one might expect
- unhealthy family dynamics
- implied and discussed ableism

Last edited:

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
oh i absolutely adore this art style! its really cute and well..simple haha. and i love the texture of the brush! also the floofed up zigzagoon is adorable <3

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
This is just too adorable! I love how expressive and fluffy the Zigzagoon is, and it's neat to see a comic with a non-typical starter mon! This art style is very cozy and cute.

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
looking great so far!
I can imagine your team having slaking, exploud, castform, and kecelon!
Good luck on the run! wish you god speed!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Oh, Poko! Like Pompoko!! This is so cute. I love your style a lot, an die I love to see more specialized rulesets in comics. Anyways, looking forward to more! Have fun and Happy Nuzlocking!

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
This comic looks so soft! It's not often you see a monolocke comic, of all things. As anyone who's been around me long enough knows, I love monotype runs, and this one is no exception! I'm sure I'll be following eagerly.

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Oh I love this already? The style is so delightful, I love the texture of the brush you're using and the color scheme and the lineless backgrounds, it all comes together in such a cozy way. It's only been one page but I'm already endeared to Poko and their trainer, such a good zigzagoon child, digging up potion, bristling at danger. I'll definitely be watching to see where this comic goes, it can only go well.

TheLastUnicornInOz

Alolan Vulpix in the Desert
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Elvia, while living in a hot dessert enviornment, embraces the ice typing, rarely leaving her cool home and often is drawing or creating
Your art style is so darn cute!!!!!!! OMG I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHERE THIS GOES

OP
sealclown

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. ???
simple_update_panel_page_2_b.png
heya! read the new update at the bottom of this post, or on deviantart here, if that's your thing.
oh i absolutely adore this art style! its really cute and well..simple haha. and i love the texture of the brush! also the floofed up zigzagoon is adorable <3
ah thank you so much! poko's fluff is really fun to draw, so it makes me happy to hear.

This is just too adorable! I love how expressive and fluffy the Zigzagoon is, and it's neat to see a comic with a non-typical starter mon! This art style is very cozy and cute.
thank you very much! i definitely wanted the style to reflect the overall feeling im going for, and im glad it has!!

looking great so far!
I can imagine your team having slaking, exploud, castform, and kecelon!
Good luck on the run! wish you god speed!
thank you!! a part of why i chose to do a normal-type run was because i realized it would encourage me to use a lot of pokemon i never have before, like slaking and castform! i guess we'll see if i was good enough at video games to catch all of them, lol.

Oh, Poko! Like Pompoko!! This is so cute. I love your style a lot, an die I love to see more specialized rulesets in comics. Anyways, looking forward to more! Have fun and Happy Nuzlocking!
ah that's exactly right- i thought it was very cute that zigzagoons are based on raccoon dogs, and i had just watched pompoko for the first time so it was On The Mind. thank you very much!

This comic looks so soft! It's not often you see a monolocke comic, of all things. As anyone who's been around me long enough knows, I love monotype runs, and this one is no exception! I'm sure I'll be following eagerly.
thank you!! i had never really done a monolocke before this run, and it was a really fun way to limit the amount of total pokemon i could use + managing normal type pokemon's weaknesses especially in the gen with a rock and fighting gym to start with lol

Oh I love this already? The style is so delightful, I love the texture of the brush you're using and the color scheme and the lineless backgrounds, it all comes together in such a cozy way. It's only been one page but I'm already endeared to Poko and their trainer, such a good zigzagoon child, digging up potion, bristling at danger. I'll definitely be watching to see where this comic goes, it can only go well.
thank you so much!! it makes me really happy to hear that the cozy feeling that i was going for came through, and that you're liking them so far.

Your art style is so darn cute!!!!!!! OMG I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHERE THIS GOES
thanks!! im really excited to share the rest of the story i got planned.

honestly the art is a bit old at this point buuut it's posted! i know i said it a million times in the replies lol, but thank you all again for your comments, i really appreciate it!
we got a new partner, a new route, and a name for a face.
was wuby's name a joke name i put in while playing, not thinking i would make this a comic, and then got very attached to? no way

de3ry0e-cc70c1da-6499-4b7a-8b63-96df7316096c.png

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
Every time I read this comic it puts a big smile on my face. I just love how charming and laid back the atmosphere is. Poko is a very helpful fluffy boi, I love him helping his trainer with the Pokeball. Wuby is also a really cute name!

feraligatr

Lizard Breath™
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 31, 2020
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Isn't clever enough to come up with a creative username, so just uses the name of favorite pokemon instead
Yep, all you need to do to befriend a bird is to bribe them with food! This is still as cute as ever!

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
You have such a charming art style! What a good little birb, I can't wait to see how he and Poko get into little scrapes.

Pixxyofice

A Literal Vulpix
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 27, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/her, They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Filled with too many ideas, surrounded by obligations and weighed by the very ideas that swirl around them. Be patient with them.
this is so incredibly cute!! the zigzagoon and the trainer and the trainer having to trade a berry to the taillow for their Important Trainer Stuff... very charming! I can't wait to read more!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
charming bird charmed by a charming child in a charming comic. The carefree slice of life sort of trainer journey is incredibly appealing. I wanna live that chill. That final panel is so warm.

Kretoma

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
It digs deep into the ground to hide from predators. At night it emerges to eat berries.
I like this comic a lot! 😁
Not only because i am currently doing a really similar run.

All 3 current castmembers are just adorable. 🥰

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
Nice beginning!It somehow gets straight to the point without doing much!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
The art style for this comic is really super charming. Everything feels so soft and pleasant to look at I find myself lingering on the panels just to enjoy looking at them. I really like the flow so far too. The main character is really sweet so far, and I especially love our mischievous lil birb friend all ready. I can't wait to see more!

OP
sealclown

sealclown

certified gamer moments
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 13, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. ???
unknown.png

hey, it's an update! read at the bottom of the post, or here on deviantart!
there's also a (wip) tumblr page here!
Every time I read this comic it puts a big smile on my face. I just love how charming and laid back the atmosphere is. Poko is a very helpful fluffy boi, I love him helping his trainer with the Pokeball. Wuby is also a really cute name!

thank you so much!! it makes me really happy to hear it has that kind of atmosphere.

Yep, all you need to do to befriend a bird is to bribe them with food! This is still as cute as ever!

generally, feeding wildlife isnt great, but if they're holding something hostage i think its okay
thank you very much!!

You have such a charming art style! What a good little birb, I can't wait to see how he and Poko get into little scrapes.

thank you! i'm excited to show his and poko's dynamic in the future- they are both lads i love very much.

this is so incredibly cute!! the zigzagoon and the trainer and the trainer having to trade a berry to the taillow for their Important Trainer Stuff... very charming! I can't wait to read more!

ah thank you very much! that taillow drives a hard bargin, lol. i'm glad to hear that you're liking it so far!

charming bird charmed by a charming child in a charming comic. The carefree slice of life sort of trainer journey is incredibly appealing. I wanna live that chill. That final panel is so warm.

im glad you were charmed by my charmingly charming comic :) and thank you so much!! i really want to show the fun/summer camp-like/sightseeing/making new friends parts of a pokemon journey, and i hope to do more in the future!

I like this comic a lot! 😁
Not only because i am currently doing a really similar run.

All 3 current castmembers are just adorable. 🥰

oh nice!! honestly doing a normal-type monolocke was a really fun time for me- a lot of pokemon ive never used, and it's always cool to see other people doing it as well! i hope you have fun with it. and thank you!!

Nice beginning!It somehow gets straight to the point without doing much!

thank you! i figured everyone knows the first 30 minutes of hoenn haha, i thought i might skip ahead a bit. really get into the nitty-gritty of kids aimlessly wandering around forests

The art style for this comic is really super charming. Everything feels so soft and pleasant to look at I find myself lingering on the panels just to enjoy looking at them. I really like the flow so far too. The main character is really sweet so far, and I especially love our mischievous lil birb friend all ready. I can't wait to see more!
ah i really really appreciate that! honestly, its really nice hearing that you liked the art that much! im so excited for y'all to get to know our resident taillow better.

author notes:
  • sorry this page is a bit late! im hoping to do a double-monthly update to make up for the delay soon. (especially since i want to our first badge before the first anniversary, haha)
  • second human character! second zigzagoon! first "battle"! third page! wow!!
  • also featuring: a very smug bird, a shy wuby, and wouldn't it be weird if you were playing with a kid and they BIT you? wouldn't that freak you out?
  • i went a bit weird with the paneling in this one but i had fun! i hope it turned out alright.
  • for our new friends hair, i used one of simkrays natural hair brushes, from this set- please check out her work!:
  • www.simkray.london/product-pag…
  • and again, as always, thank you so much for your comments!! it makes me so happy to hear that the Vibes that im trying to go for are coming across.
these are the same as the deviant notes, buuut... i leave y'all this tldr of simple so far
unknown.png

de6do3v-02d71cb6-1649-4a72-b595-24cd6e128463.png

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
HFHKJRGJHGHJDGDG I felt so much emotion in that "ah." from that poor girl.

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Honestly, that first panel is my favourite of this page. You can just feel the characters standing and letting the moment soak in, feeling the warm breeze. I love how this comic incorporates quiet, meaningful moments like that.
What's cuter than one fluffy Zigzagoon? Two fluffy Zigzagoons! The "Ah." in the last panel invokes a certain emotion that I really relate to, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread