• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

My First Pokemon Nuzlocke! (A Pokemon Ultra Moon Nuzlocke)

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Hotdog41

The Vikavolt Fan
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 19, 2021
Nature
Naughty
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Hi! I am Hotdog41! And I will be doing my first Pokemon Nuzlocke!

I have decided to Nuzlocke Pokemon Ultra Moon. For the Alola games have been my favorites from what i have played. I know Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon are considered pretty hard to Nuzlocke, *cough* Ultra Necrozma *cough*. But I wanted my first Nuzlocke to be in a game I truly enjoyed!

Now with that out of the way, I wanted to set so ground rules for this run:
- First, of course the main two Nuzlocke rules will be in play.
- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be put in the PC permanently. (I don't like the idea of releasing Pokemon when they die. So a dead box works for me).
- I may only catch the first pokemon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first wild Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

And then some extra rules I have added for some spice:
- First, Some clauses will be in play so my life is not a pain, namely:
1. Dupes clause: I ignore pokemon of the same evolutionary line if I've encountered them already.
2. Gift clause: Pokemon received from NPCs do not count for that area's encounter.
3. Shiny clause: Shiny pokemon are free.
4. Pinwheel clause: Distinct subareas of an area count as their own. Will be specified during the run.

- I must nickname all caught pokemon.
- I am not allowed to use battle items.
- No Z-Moves allowed. (I don't think just nuking a single pokemon is very fair.)
- The game must stay in set mode at all times.
- Pokemon Refresh, Poke Pelego, and Roto Loto cannot be used.
- My Pokemon cannot be higher level than the highest level pokemon of the next Kahuna,Totem Pokemon, or Elite Four Member.
- Static encounters are allowed and count as that area's catch.
- I am allowed to trade pokemon with NPCs, but only if I have the required pokemon as a legitimate encounter.
- I can choose only ONE of Samson Oak's totem-sized pokemon. Dupes clause applies.
- Any Pokemon in an SOS chain can be caught.
- And finally no Legendary/Mythical pokemon are allowed.

And with that all covered I hope you enjoy my future playthrough and let me know which starter I should use or if you have any tips for me!

Last edited:

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
This isn't the correct place to put this. Try "Fan Challenge Runs" instead.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
I'm not entirely sure, perhaps ask a mod? Though you could probably just ask them to move the thread itself, lol.

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Noticed this in the Tapatalk Archives section, I moved it over to the active FCR section in Lilycove Museum for you! Welcome to the forums, and good luck on the run :0 (Oh, and as starters go, I'm a Rowlet fan, personally!)

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
@Hotdog41 - pinged you here in case you lost your thread in the move.

As you said going for a level capped Set UM Nuzlocke as your first is quite brave. Best of luck! (And I'm personally a Litten fan though I are all solid options for this game).

Users who are viewing this thread