• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Galar Teen Lucky Star

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
(A swsh comic)

Inksword

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 9, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Normal
This little comic is a ton of fun! Have you read Dungeon Meshi? It's a manga about adventurers going into a dungeon and lovingly making meals from the plants and monsters they encounter, your food-based pokemon focus really reminds me of it. Good stuff!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
This might seem an odd thing to focus on, but I really like the hairstyles of the various charactes! the girl borrowing Scorbunny has a neat ponytail going on, and I love the ref's style as well!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Country boys Hop and Adrian making fun of Bede for being bowled over by a single sheep? I am here for this. 90 pounds soaking wet tbh, that dude is built out of cotton candy and spite.

OP
Agent Nein

Agent Nein

Southern Cryptid
Hacker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Highly reclusive, but responsive to being summoned
Wrapping up Stage 2!
45651a1590553628b69348f1163539425.png
45651a1590819368b69348f1555842114.png

@pinkshellos: Thanks! :D I thought the idea of gym challenges was fun so I wanted to roll with it

@Inksword: Ooh I've never heard of that but that sounds really cool? And I'm glad it's fun, I think that's the most I want out of this :D

@Dee: It's fair honestly, it's about the only defining features anyone has here sdkfjh And thanks!

@Kadew: That description of Bede is PERFECT

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Hmmmm.... Kinda looks like a bridal carry....

hmmmmmmmm.....................

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
He shoulda yote Bede to let go of him instead of flour sack dropping him on the ground tbh. Still so much to love about this entire scene though. Especially Adrian completely missing out on his own starter's evolution, what an opposite to the traditional midbattle fanfare intense moment it must've been offscreen.

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
I wanted to read more Galar runs and was so excited to find this.

Can I just say I love how you write Bede? He's already near and dear to my heart, but you do him perfect justice. I love how you bring out the hilarity of his ego and make him endearing. He's a wonderful foil for Adrian, who's bottomless optimism is impervious to the snark and boasting. The camping sequence is easily my favorite so far.

Speaking of, Adrian is adorable! He's so devil-may-care and kind. The interactions with his team are precious, especially when he's trying to think of practical things for them to do besides battling (I'd use a Charcoal to make burgers too tbh.) And Nils!! What a cutie. Excited to watch a food-based team shape out, hehe.

The Darkest Day and all the lore surrounding it is one of those things I've struggled to come up with a satisfying explanation for, but I really like your approach! Especially the theory posed that there were actually two Darkest Days. Very interesting.

But yeah, I love this run!! Sorta just demolished it in one sitting. Really excited for more!

OP
Agent Nein

Agent Nein

Southern Cryptid
Hacker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Getting through the final leg of the gym mission...maybe.
45651a1591234860b69348f2065942810.png
45651a1591234861b69348f1475607669.png
45651a1591750462b69348f1479053698.png
45651a1591750463b69348f145377085.png

@Dee: Might be a lil bit :3c

@Kadew: He was GONNA put him down nicely but Bede was too squirmy and I didn't properly draw Bede elbowing him in the chest. I'm glad it's a fun scene though, too bad Adrian missed the evolution

@glancesherlock: sdkfh Bede's probably my fav (obviously) he's so over the top. The camping bit was definitely fun to write. Tbh the camp bit of the game was absolutely central to how I kinda perceived the game as a whole. I'm glad you like Adrian too, he's definitely not got battling as his focus. There's a lot of variety you can get with curry in this game for sure, but it's gotta be nice to have options. Though, I guess that counts more if you're always out camping instead of getting food in town.

Struggling with the Darkest Day lore is such a mood!! It's got neat concepts and everything but lbr the plot bit for Galar is a mess. I try not to think about it too much, but yeah. I'm glad you like the run so far, seeing this comment really made my day//

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Aw, Adrien, you’re too nice :( hopefully maybe Bede won’t try and crush him every time he sees him now?

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Bede doesn't seem like the type who would take kindly to un-asked-for help

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
As a reader of Nuzlockes, I'm surprised to see Adrian not move on (as far as we know), but as a reader of this comic this totally makes sense 'cause that's such an Adrian move. Lad really just does not care, and I love it. And Bede grumpy from getting help, heheh.

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
So when that challenge started with the whole "3 people go on" but there were 4 named characters present, I knew Adrian was going to mess stuff up, but going so far as helping Bede win on terms that weren't his own utter dominance of the lesser trainers? Bede will never forgive him :D

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
I got a comment for this one, too!

This comic is so adorable and fun and light-hearted (so far at least akjfdsl), the tone of it all is just really enjoyable.
It's so cool how you show the League Challenge with the masses of challengers works, it must be a lot of work to go into detail with something that requires a lot of people to be around, but the result is very immersive!
I also love how you expand on the cooking and camping aspects, it's just delightful how good Adrian is at this and how little he knows about Pokémon because he's a cook and going on this journey wasn't exactly his dream. But he's doing it for Hop! Their friendship is so good! ;v;
And Bede as a fleshed out character is ridiculously fun! :D
Your comic made me think about how many things I love about this game, since you took them all and made them even better! Amazing work!

OP
Agent Nein

Agent Nein

Southern Cryptid
Hacker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
45651a1592505611b69348f1088921389.png
45651a1593249265b69348f1348794207.png
45651a1593249267b69348f1261440320.png
45651a1593988418b69348f886421630.png
45651a1593988421b69348f1406032538.png
45651a1593988422b69348f1990559154.png
45651a1593988423b69348f1949277688.png

Also since I apparently forgot to last time, the third trainer on page 25 is @Dee's character Levi while the second place trainer on page 27 is Lillikoi belonging to @Missy!

@pinkshellos: We'll see, it is Bede after all

@Dee: Yeah definitely not

@Missy: I cannot express how much I love this image I'm glad you like the style slkjfh

@glancesherlock: Yeah, it's perhaps a little cheap they get to keep trying so he gets through anyways later, but, y'know. Bee is definitely unhappy though jhsggjd

@Kadew: Yep, and on camera to boot!

@Krisantyne: Thank you! I'm glad though about the tone it's definitely what I'm going for. I like thinking about the mechanics of the gym challenge, the logistics and the showmanship of the whole thing, and honestly it was also a fun excuse for me to have the rival characters show up more. I spent so much of swsh in camp it's absolutely central to my experience of that game, and I feel like that's pretty clear in how this story came out of that sdjfh. Adrian really got that 'do it for Hop' board in his brain though. And Bede was definitely my favorite character so I'm just happy to have an excuse to shove him in here more!

I'm really glad you liked this comic that much, this comment honestly pushed me through getting these last two pages done today, so thanks!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
somehow snuck out a win! I super sympathize with adrian on them almost getting plastered by that dynamax attack. they are crazy in that league!

Magicforbeginners

Generally Incompetent
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Draws, writes, lives. Poorly, but always improving.
I was feeling bad today, but then this showed up and-well, at least I'm not getting smacked by a Max Overgrowth! The wacky adventures of Adrien never fail to lift my spirits. I did wonder how Trainers could avoid serious injury when standing in front of a frickin kaiju, so the band protecting them makes sense. Waivers? How many Trainers die/are severely injured on the circuit? What has Adrien gotten himself into? He's going to blow through the Gym Challenge with the power of apathy and curries!

On the bright side, the gym battles are great prep for facing down a massive poisonous dragon god-thing, so that's nice.

Alba Corbina

Johto League Champion
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 26, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
This comic is adorable and I love it! I love how you've expanded the gym missions and I can't wait to see the rest of the gyms. Also, Bede is my favorite rival, so I love how much you're expanding his character.

OP
Agent Nein

Agent Nein

Southern Cryptid
Hacker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 6, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
45651a1594950131b69348f317310326.png
45651a1594950133b69348f496709018.png
Phew, episode over and 4 coming soon!

@Dee: I'mm always watching those attacks like, and y'all are really standing right there??

@Magicforbeginners: They've had some injuries, but never any deaths! Not in major battles anyways. Still just in case, you gotta sign! No one tell Adrian about the poison dragon god at the end though, he'll be ready to pack up and leave then and there sldkfh But yeah I'm glad this could cheer you up! :D

@Alba Corbina: Aa thank you! It was kinda fun to imagine how things would logistically work with the amount of trainers they got and make a show of it!

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Does Hop... not know that gay people exist? What a sheltered boi xD

It was fun to see the four of them interacting in the last page!

Users who are viewing this thread