• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Fan Game Mature Hack [COMPLETE] Huge Mistake: An Inadvisable Nuzlocke of Pokemon Clover version

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

SnackyTheSylph

a weapon to surpass metal gear
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
Hello! My name is Snacky. You may remember me from the old forums (hopefully you don't). I posted a few runs (mostly mono-Poison 'lockes) and had been lurking since around 2016 I think.

I've been knocking around a few different ideas for what to post now that the forums seem to have finally settled back in to something approximating normal. After shooting down a rewrite of an old comic I did and starting in the middle of my full-series run, I settled on this: a run of a ROM hack. But not just any ROM hack. This one was made by...

79zKoPk.png

4chan(nel).

This hack replaces most of the characters and dialogue, as well as all of the Pokemon, in FireRed version. It was designed entirely by the Pokemon community of 4chan, localized in their Pokemon board, /vp/, some time in 2014. This version of the hack goes all the way up to the Elite Four, with the post-game update apparently coming Soon[tm]. (it's been 2 years.) Many parts of this hack are ridiculously difficult for no discernible reason, which will make this a challenge to Nuzlocke. Which is of course why I'm doing it. After a couple disclaimers, I'll get the run on its way.

So, 4chan. It's infamously abrasive and devoted to doing its own thing. "Its own thing" in this context tends to mean being as offensive and shocking as possible, for possibly ironic enjoyment. This is reflected somewhat in this game, since it was spawned there. There are things in this game that exist for the sole purpose of being edgy/offensive in ways that I can't really say are tasteful. For example, the Fire-type starter's entire design concept is "Islamic suicide bomber".

The problem is that, underneath all the edge and poor taste and mediocre memes, this is actually a pretty good game with a lot of polish. It can be enjoyable. I'm playing this because of its difficulty. I don't support the ideas presented in this game, and as much as I can allow without harming the run itself, I won't include anything that could be harmful if I don't need to (for example, there's a trainer class that's just a disparaging stereotype of trans people - which you will only know about because I just told you.

So, yeah. I kinda wish this game had been made by developers who approved of it being shared outside 4chan. View at your own risk.
It can be kinda hard to get into a run when the new Pokemon mean you have no idea what's going on. Since this is a Fakemon hack, it can be easy to feel that way. But I have played this game before; I'm not doing it blind. So, whenever I feel it's necessary, I will provide info about the clovermons I have or face. So don't click away just 'cause you don't know the approximate stats of a Birdhouse; I've got you covered.

Rule 1: Only catch the first Pokemon in each area.
- Dupes clause
- For areas with multiple gifts, I can only take one. Gifts and catches count separately.
- In the Safari Zone, I must throw Poke Balls at anything I don't have. This can continue even if things run away, until I catch something, at which point I stop.
- For eggs: each egg counts as an encounter for the area in which it hatches, and each Pokemon may only produce 1 egg of itself.
Rule 2: If it faints, it's dead and gone. Kills from Motherfuck are not exempt.
Misc. rules: Wonder Trade is banned. Set mode.
Okay, with that out of the way...

nJWrne4.png

Let's do this!
nJWrne4.png

Here's this again. Let's go, then: NEW GAME.

t34Z5bU.png

Here's the condensed version of that block of text up in the spoiler there.

pOGiWsF.png

So, yeah. This game takes place in the Fochun region. No points for guessing what it's named after. Each town in the game is a thinly veiled reference to a board on 4chan.

o0YIzc5.png

Here's the first clovermon we see, Ayylmao. Also this game has jokes.

I forgot to cap it, but I picked the male trainer. I named myself Mistake, because that's what this run is going to be.

2jJ5uPG.png

And here's our rival, the edgelord. Guessing what I named him actually IS worth points.

gTY9FtQ.png

Welcome to my room. I call it the cave of mistakes.

RROElRc.png

And this is Veepier Town, named of course after /vp/, the Pokemon board. /vp/ is a shitshow nowadays, but the Nuzlocke threads there are actually pretty comfy.

We go up out the north entrance, and of course...

nblh7sP.png

Stump is there to stop us. I forgot to mention it earlier, but he's supposed to be Danny Devito's character from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, which I don't watch. But his lab does play The Song from that show, which is always funny.

kp4KCww.png

The rival already has his objective.

BBLcIgf.png

And his Tragic Backstory[tm], which is to become a stronger trainer than his father.

And now for the starters.

QigBYAc.png

Grasshole. Physically oriented. It evolves to be roughly the same Pokemon as Torterra, but it has a slightly better movepool I think. Great physical attack, decent physical bulk, mediocre speed. It's very reliable overall.

f4hUx11.png

Ejacasm. It's gross. It's also kind of terrible in my experience. It evolves into a specially defensive Water/Poison type. I've used it before, and I never got very good results out of it. There's also a couple fantastic water types in this game that outcompete it. I think I'll pass.

yR6P0qv.png

And lastly, Arabomb. I don't find the joke very funny, honestly. It evolves into something roughly approximating Infernape's stats, though it favors special attacks IIRC. It's also Fire/Dark. Its signature move is a special Fire Explosion (called Holy Duty), which is not good in a Nuzlocke for obvious reasons. I also have a lot of trouble keeping this thing alive.

QigBYAc.png

So, unsurprisingly, I take Grasshole. And unsurprisingly, DICKS takes Arabomb.

3BxWLWV.png

And it's -

it's...

sigh. I always have terrible luck with natures. If I get a modest Armando I'll flip.

yxvz7xh.png

And then we fight.

2l894Tc.png

And of course, because of my bad nature, I almost lose. I had to use my potion, which prompts Stump to say "what a cheap move". Thanks, Danny. I did win, though. It's time to head out. The beginning of this game is pretty identical to the beginning of FireRed. It takes a while to go off the rails.

sKDW8ES.png

I noticed this on my way out - there's three houses here: mine, friendlyrival's (you'll see her in a second), and...Stump's. DICKS doesn't even live here.

FijaQ0o.png

Anyway, here's friendlyrival.

0qewr44.png

Keksandra here has the starter weak to yours. She gets kinda threatening later, but for now it's just Ejacasm.

5dnSbrV.png

The only notable thing about this battle is that Ejacasm's starting status move is String Shot. gross.

c3xbrGB.png

I hope you don't get tired of this.

FmxPzVF.png

The journey up Route 1 reveals a new mechanic: berry trees! They regenerate every hour or so. They're neat.

EcSgR44.png

Also there's a trainer on Route 1. Here's the regional rodent, Squirrap.

romQalQ.png

Item balls have been replaced by item boxes for a reason which will remain a mystery for now.

3aAU3s4.png

We finish up Route 1 and reach Vitlya City, the embodiment of 4chan's general video games board, /v/. From here we just grab the parcel from the mart and head back to Veepier, just like vanilla FR. It's not Poke Balls this time, though...
ATU00aF.png

And with that, we get Poke Balls and the Pokedex. And now it's time to...

LTJc8V1.png

stop for now! Hope you enjoyed.

See ya!

Last edited:

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Arabomb. That's just... yikes.
Yup. That's pretty much all there is to say on the matter. But when they actually put thought into the designs, some of them are pretty good.

it is most likely ironic in black comedic style. most likely. expect this game to be full of dumb, dumb bullshit like that though, that's basically clover's Shtick.
That's true. If you want to play this game, you'll have to adopt a policy of "don't let it get to you". They are FLEXING their black comedy license.

Alright. Last time, we got Poke Balls. This time, we will use Poke Balls. So let's get right into our first encounter:
XXria7T.png

It's Kengeon, the regional bird! Easy catch.

S04lNWQ.png

Also a notable feature: when you type in a capital letter as the start of a Pokemon's name, it automatically switches to lowercase after that. It's neat.

SEfDEer.png

Kengeon
Normal/Flying
37/53/45/36/48/55
It's a regional bird. There's not much to say about it. Its other ability is Shed Skin, which is a little odd, but cool. I think the joke is something about KFC? Whatever. Let's go get more catches.

FgQ1rcx.png

But first, another neat feature: each gym city has its leader's super-effective weakening berry. Here in Not-Viridian, we get the berry that weakens Ground moves.

z6xDp50.png

Route 22 has been replaced by a cave which requires Surf to pass. But I can still get an encounter here, which is...

ycoMl1k.png

Lanshil! A pseudo-Geodude stand-in. I'll go over their stats in a second, once I get all the encounters I can.

tYpcY6p.png

Here's my Route 2 encounter, Nauseon. It's a Poison type with the same evolution method as Tyrogue.

8jEouX4.png

A brief break from catches to point out these - they're cheaper than Poke Balls, but I think they have half the catch rate? I don't bother with them, in any case.

3zc7RWI.png

Back to encounters. Here's Viridian Forest - now called Vitlya Woods - with Sapleaf. There's a lot of Pokemon here, but I think this is one of the better ones.

ORFyYdl.png

Also, this game has capture Exp.!

tZpegQh.png

Alright, here's the team for now. It's time to learn about all these clovermons. In...reverse order!

a3fcVJZ.png

Sapleaf
Grass
50/60/45/65/40/75
It's a fairly basic Grass type, for now. Its gimmick is that it's a mono-type Pokemon, but its type changes every time it evolves. We'll see that a little later. For now, I would just like to keep it unevolved until after the first gym. I've gotten good use out of its final form in the past, so I'm happy. The name will make sense in a little bit.

S37F5uX.png

Nauseon
Poison
55/55/55/55/55/55
This thing will be pretty nice, later. As I mentioned before, which is higher of Attack and Defense decides its evolution. They're both pretty great, but mine has an Impish nature, so I think I'd prefer the Attack evolution. For now, it's pretty mediocre. The joke is that ebola.

L7vy0VF.png

Lanshil
Rock
48/50/75/40/60/50
This thing is about comparable to Geodude in viability, I'd say. It has the advantage of not being Ground type, which is great. There's only one cave encounter that would be better, but I should probably be glad I don't have to use it cause it's one of the grosser clovermons.

If you didn't notice from those caps, I trained everyone up to Lv. 7 for the woods. Now let's make some actual progress.

AnThL11.png

...I don't get it.

H0lzDb2.png

Did you think I was joking about the birdhouse?

i2s3wkU.png

'cuz I wasn't.

BLWDBD9.png
Bs3DVgi.png
IOHcdZZ.png

Here's some of the encounters I missed. Curicrawl is a basic butterfly mon, though it's got good physical stats. Larvades is wonderful; it gets 80 BP Leech Life before it evolves, and it becomes a Bug/Electric speedster that can evolve again into an Electric/Poison levitating powerhouse. It's a shame I didn't get one. Kekroach is a piece of shit and it can never eat lunch in this town ever again.

XlOsbFi.png

Anyway, trainers!

Lo9UHsF.png
8KuDfie.png
7UE6DFu.png
4vvZFy9.png
rz87zhQ.png
GEMTvGi.png

Fairly uneventful, other than that Electric/Fairy Pikachu variant. It's obnoxiously strong at this point in the game.

QnXOcaP.png

Here's the exit, but...I sense a disturbance in the force and I've played this game before.

yJZ64up.png

Yeah, I'm gonna go heal.

9vI7Pw2.png

Much better. And now we leave -

Sio5N0c.png

oh no it's my rival who could have seen this coming

[idontlikeforests.png]
BGOd9gh.png
4EvQmWJ.png
khDHTNc.png

WHSP1oT.png

Here we go.

IeAZkci.png

Oop, that's awkward. Switching...

ur2qrU7.png

Hey, my Nauseon didn't learn that!

jtfCpuz.png

Gah! He pulled this up with Metronome.

bCJ2V9z.png

Eat STAB! Nauseon is down, and...

wIYblK7.png

Metronome fails to save him. We win.

9oJicaK.png

Right. Of course.

Rta0TpP.png

And he tips his fedora and walks away...

b5lVU74.png

Home free. Pewter Gadech City, after /g/, the technology board.

KurasX9.png
345wnbS.png
c8LiwRU.png

Oh yeah, also this exists.

I think that's a good stopping place.

bScrLRx.png

See ya.

Mattman324

bread
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
You're a brave soul for doing Clover. I don't think I've seen someone complete a run of it.

Do the rival's mons all have Metronome? That sounds terrible for nuzlockes.

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
no fear

one fear

it also has the disadvantage of not being ground type, which is really bad.
>stop it
>stop it
>stop it
>stop it
Me too, Axel.

And, yeah, that's fair. By the time it starts being Steel-type, I probably will wish to have Ground back so that I can get STAB on EQ and not be 4x weak to it. It could save me against Not-Misty, though, so...???

You're a brave soul for doing Clover. I don't think I've seen someone complete a run of it.

Do the rival's mons all have Metronome? That sounds terrible for nuzlockes.
They do in this first battle. I think he gets rid of that later, though. And yeah, that -2 defense Cross Poison could've been really bad if it hit anyone besides Lanshil. I'm going to do everything in my power to finish this run, even if it means catching Jewipede, the Lv. 70 legendary you can get before the 6th gym. I'll try to not have to resort to that, though.

ARG6LYK.png

We start off this update with a group of nefarious men heading towards the technology museum. We must protect them!

...you know what, I'm actually gonna go grind to Lv. 13.

5QLO4XD.png
RqIwWZh.png
u0GU2KP.png
vMwvPjH.png

Results! Also, before I go fight the evil team, there's a couple of things to check out in the city first.

Lv8ib6N.png
ZqEVcn6.png

First, there's this.

LvuqWrp.png

Blobbos
Rock/Ice
42/17/36/15/25/15
Here's Blobbos. The joke is that despite its fairly good movepool (it learns a 255 BP STAB move!!!!!!!!) it's absolute trash because of its stats. It is part of the Ditto egg group, though, so there's something. I'll keep it in reserve, but if I try to use it I think it'll get killed.

QqzOtGx.png
TjLoYEY.png

Also, I guess this is how DICKS got Metronome. It's an infinite use tutor, which is neat. I taught it to SomeLeaves for now, since his moveset is lacking.

xZqlGpw.png
VtsPVpo.png

Well, it's 4chan. Obligatory stereotype. These guys are kind of a recurring gag.

qalyyNt.png

They are self-aware enough to make this guy's sprite the conspiracy theorist, though.

X4ermrm.png
R8JcLI1.png
Vxs4M5R.png
H9MxZGE.png
rtd2UK1.png

...that happened. I don't want to forget Flash, though, I don't have this version of Rock Tunnel memorized.

Now for the main event. Into the museum we go.

hverv3Z.png
uTPILXl.png

Well, I guess I'm not going that way...

tx6PMfk.png
35uwkxs.png
mbcLmNj.png
wUz73M0.png
MN8MQk3.png
[shutupnerd.png]
HinntWs.png
zjkGA1o.png
e1hnK91.png
0rHy6Bs.png

E9sSg2A.png

Here's the evil team, Team Karma. Styled after Reddit, of course, because of 4chan's semi-ironic hateboner for the site.

LW2GCBp.png

This first grunt is pretty weak.

TcWQzXf.png
yPoCnuC.png

The second guy has 3 of these bulky poison birds. It would be annoying if Kengeon hadn't learned Rollout during the grindan.

sOi6W7k.png

Now for the admin, Leon.

BGHssFm.png

Of course he leads with a snake. Grass/Fighting, so it's a simple...

bFswAE8.png

...2HKO? That's annoying.

FXssXEL.png

Here's one of I think 3 Pseudo-legends in this game. This is the first stage of a Dragon/Steel special attacking line. Also I thought this thing was a level higher, hence me going to 13. Switching to Lanshil now...

FrxbJAO.png

Came in on a Swift and flexed.

5RNhebk.png

Then the bastard crits me. Whatever. I outspeed, and one more Magnitude (6) closes it out.

94QESR8.png
av7tsLW.png

Oh, neat. That's from defeating Spanke.

dWZ3Ex5.png
lVjXw3l.png
V1BrKF1.png

And there he goes . . .
the day is saved...?

oiCp01G.png

Thanks.

eEooAg5.png

And we close the day out with the thing we worked so hard to protect. See ya!

Last edited:

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
Blobbos
Rock/Ice
42/17/36/15/25/15
Here's Blobbos. The joke is that despite its fairly good movepool (it learns a 255 BP STAB move!!!!!!!!) it's absolute trash because of its stats. It is part of the Ditto egg group, though, so there's something. I'll keep it in reserve, but if I try to use it I think it'll get killed.

Hey, Blobbos does their best!

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
Wow, this looks really well made in terms of graphics, especially considering its a fakemon hack. kinda a shame the humor in it is so juvenile
Also I appreciate the descriptions you give for each catch, makes it much easier to follow whats going on

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
Honestly I find most of this game pretty funny. A couple things cross the line, but it's mostly darkly comedic.
Nice job beating Dragun, fighting a steel-dragon type at this point is not very fun.
Also, no Motherfuck clause? I'm sure that won't come back to bite you in the butt...

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Team Karma is interesting, and Frieden looks tasty :v
They are interesting. Having experienced the whole "plot" of this game as it currently stands, I have no idea what they wanted with that Linux. But they're pretty fun.
how very blunt.
...Thanks? :slowpoke:
Hey, Blobbos does their best!
He does, and he's a good boy. But he's also in the Slow Exp. group, so I don't want to train him unless I have to. Also I might be able to gimmick my way to some better Pokemon with the breeding power it gives me, so I don't want it to die needlessly.
Wow, this looks really well made in terms of graphics, especially considering its a fakemon hack. kinda a shame the humor in it is so juvenile
Also I appreciate the descriptions you give for each catch, makes it much easier to follow whats going on
Thanks! I know I've read runs before that I just couldn't track because I had no idea what the Pokemon could do. As for Clover, yeah. I wonder what a double-hack of it that made it more broadly acceptable would look like.
Honestly I find most of this game pretty funny. A couple things cross the line, but it's mostly darkly comedic.
Nice job beating Dragun, fighting a steel-dragon type at this point is not very fun.
Also, no Motherfuck clause? I'm sure that won't come back to bite you in the butt...
I can definitely handle this game's style, but I know it's not for everyone. And I bet Dragun would be a disaster without Lanshil or Arabomb. Looking at my team, I have no idea what I would've done. Maybe evolved Kengeon earlier and used Rollout? Meh. I will try to be extremely careful about Motherfuck. But there is a reason Sam Jackson is in my banner now...

Ct93c2A.png
wnNGwfo.png
yexqFfB.png
dzqbgkq.png
MdsZbV4.png
y0ahTfv.png
Kvt0loW.png
zdc6Ofv.png
cDtOy3K.png
YDzvbzA.png
Rs1G3sA.png
D0Ewi1V.png
AQqReXP.png
NWebSit.png
vPVVHJ3.png
bR1RXPs.png
PaufQrB.png
zYfDoni.png
V8GAJGs.png
suBMNlE.png
evgdXh5.png
IBCMiDV.png

Welcome back to this run! Today we're gonna be exploring the Gadech City museum, and definitely not doing anything else that could result in anyone's death.

d6naGZn.png

This guy does have a point.

sxOtsI8.png
yM7O93A.png

So, Mt. Moon is now Mt. Moot, named after the original...what's it called...webmaster? Idk. John 4chan. That's him.

MyM4fXG.png

A classsic.

...did that really happen in 2006? Wow. In my perspective the internet barely even existed in 2006. Yikes.

O8gnPmH.png

Okay, enough messing around. Time to take on the gym.

...er. To be honest, even though my team matches up pretty well against him, I am nervous. His ace is kind of nasty.

8WJaSvU.png

...you know, I could just leave. There's nothing stopping you from going straight through Mt. Moot without fighting him.

but...

No, I won't. If there's one thing I've learned from keeping up with this game, it's that Brock does NOT appreciate being skipped.
Let's do this.

A1qq4As.png

Jim Gai continues to be based.

Kf9iQrL.png

Oh, am I?

O4EoHsO.png

Here's a new Pokemon. Rock/Fire, bulky special attacker. It's a really solid fighter, but it is 4x weak to Magnitude, so.

Oh, Brock isn't here...there's just a warp pad.

cFDZh6K.png

Well, woop woop woop we go!

mSSfnR0.png

...we're on a meteor. In space. That we teleported to. We were 10,000 light years away from Brock.

i2ijanJ.png

Yeah, I'm saving. And of course that's how long I've been playing.

N3Ud2y5.png
xR7bvkZ.png
nMrZA2h.png
IOGeupd.png
xPrJbhm.png
hpqpgig.png

Brock's speech is vanilla, other than that he calls us 4chan's favorite insult at the end.

MJ3KiEX.png

Bring it on, rock-boy.

g1JcD5V.png

Important fact: the gym leader battle theme has been replaced with Darude - Sandstorm.

YeZP3Oe.png

He leads Lanshil. It's been a while since SomeLeaves saw some action, so I use him.

BGTO8JV.png

That looks to be a clean 2HKO. Nice.

e3pHUz8.png

You're WEAK.

aCmx7BC.png

bluhhh

QxTw4CM.png

bluhhhh

SvwV17U.png

Yeah, yeah. Use Vine whip a couple more times.

7UY82Rc.png

Good riddance. Then I deleted Tackle to learn Bite.

oSI0R97.png

...why is this one of the real Pokemon that gets parodied? Pikachu, I get. Chansey, I get. But...Binacle????

8qWxcVk.png

This is making me nervous. I'm not doing much damage to it, so if it starts balling out with Rollout or something then I'm pretty screwed.

yBwCaz0.png

...or it could just use Defense Curl 4 times. That's fine too.

xpRILZB.png

And his ace, Chompest. Its cry is the treasure jingle from Ocarina of Time, cut off by a bite sound. It's cute. The thing is Rock/Dark, with respectable Attack and bulk.

ecLIfN2.png

bluhh

lYsXpd7.png

It's a good thing I didn't pull up Selfdestruct and just die uselessly against his Protect...gah, he bit me down to 8 health! Quick, Metronome, pull up Seed Bomb or something!

FevMOiM.png

...thanks.

R0wqnaP.png

le sign.

xupXOpa.png

BITCH!

iGAzvFm.png

Eat th-oh, that's lame.

TKrkWVs.png

...uh. what. WHAT.

Okay, that first crit was Bite, which is a 60 BP STAB move. Rock Tomb, here, is...a 60 BP STAB move. They should do the same damage, right? How does a crit do 24 and a normal hit does 15? I don't think these are gen 6 crits...

Argh.

1HC4w7o.png

Let's finish this. and also evolve you maybe

59aD9Gr.png

Shhhh. Only dreams now.

tNfrHT4.png

WHILE YOU DIE

d0JMkss.png

Sitrus berry.

D34isbt.png

but it wont save you

RChmcBl.png
aSKoDJs.png

Err, maybe it will. That's a 2HKO and I might be slower than him now.

Eyc8mZ4.png

FINISH HIM!

o6xOut9.png
WXxnoyz.png

Good job.

P4SQUu4.png
la3xope.png

Well, we won.

sSzTxQX.png

Yeah, I think this is the right wallpaper for the dead box. RIP, Demon Drill Beam.

nOeeIbU.png

also stay safe bobli

Xmolhfv.png

Flash is changed, BTW. I'm teaching Rock Tomb to SomeLeaves. It's time to move on to Route 3. Trainers aplenty, here.

wta5zAn.png
VS08mW4.png
SMkXZeW.png

I'm gonna try to evolve my team memebers before I catch and train new ones.

eT3kKgK.png
tNEcP0c.png

...Oh, right. Look forward to that character, I guess.

wNoqlZM.png

Oops, here's my encounter. This thing's actually pretty rare here, so.

GjBSNhR.png

Nice.

hZHhlmD.png

Uh, okay.

kBLNRJJ.png

Pikotton
Electric/Fairy
55/40/85/90/75/75
This thing is pretty respectable as far as stats and movesets go. It learns an assortment of Electric, Fairy, and Grass moves. There's no Raicandy or anything like that, though, so the only way to keep it from dropping off is to find a Light Ball. I'll search for one if I decide to use it, but I'll get at least a few more encounters after this, so I may box it if I find something better.

t7WTwz7.png

Oh, and here's the evolution of Larvades I mentioned earlier.

5vkKCf2.png
OYMT2kM.png

Oh, nice.

nnLTYrx.png

That's not ominous at all.

R3iCebk.png

All right, here we go...my grass type is evolving into...!

0cZrJtW.png

BURN! BURN! BUr-BURN! BURNTOTHEGROUND! BURNTOTH-BURN!

ATGO67r.png

Ignut
Fire
70/70/80/85/55/90
Ignut is a decent middle stage for the amount of time you have it. That stat spread is nice for this point in the game, and it won't become obsolete until soon before it evolves again. Also, having a non-Grass type that knows Leech Seed and Sleep Powder is nice.

Anyway, more trainers now.

UgGrtjs.png

Here's Curicrawl's final evo.

xz57SkB.png
mtAjYNB.png

Simple so far. I actually skipped the next couple trainers to go to the end of the route to heal.

K8CIwPU.png
TqfSiZW.png
xaa4rmA.png

This is a VERY important item. There are a few awesome items you can steal from important trainers - several Eviolites, a couple Leftovers, a Choice Band - so you definitely want to teach this a lot. Also, you can only get the Amulet Coin by stealing it off of "your friendly and kosher merchants".

fMFzEnK.png

Oh, another friend!

hGkcNH5.png

Troubait
Water
45/50/50/40/60/45
This thing actually has a split evo - a Water/Dark bulky physical attacker, or a Water/Fairy frail fast special attacker. They're both fairly good. For now, it's a decent Water type and a serviceable Thiefer. I'll be stealing a lot in these next couple badges.
For now, I'm gonna pop into Mt. Moot and grab my encounter there.

j5fxp6W.png

Of course they will.

There are a lot of great encounters here. There's Furnazi, which is great offensively. There's also Wedgard, a decently fast Ground type, and Armando, a very strong Fighting type. There might also be Ballacle and Semdrop - a bulk monster. Really, the only encounter I don't want is -

EEvd3WF.png

......that. This thing is...fine. But I don't like it very much.

Pv4zCMs.png

Mudpants
Ground/Fighting
50/85/75/30/50/40
It's a slowish, bulky-ish attacker. That type combination is pretty neat, and it learns strong moves like Hi Jump Kick, but...eurgh. The design is not something I enjoy, and Sand Stream is really annoying when this is your only Ground type. Plus, as I mentioned before, Grasshole evolves into a Ground type, so it's not like I NEED one right now...

CCax4LD.png

Meh. I think this will be the team for now. I'm gonna go get these new kids up to speed. See ya.

Last edited:

Reeche

Great Witch of the Ice Flowers
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 27, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
A witch inhabiting an island filled with beautiful flowers made of ice. She is capable of conjuring icy flowers and auroras.
A nuzlocke of Clover? Nifty! It's hard to believe that the hack is 4-5 years old already.

Mattman324

bread
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
Here's a new Pokemon. Rock/Fire, bulky special attacker. It's a really solid fighter, but it is 4x weak to Magnitude, so.

and yes, to point out the elephant in the room, it's based on exactly what you'd think it is.

Important fact: the gym leader battle theme has been replaced with Darude - Sandstorm.

darude - sandstorm

And his ace, Chompest. Its cry is the treasure jingle from Ocarina of Time, cut off by a bite sound. It's cute. The thing is Rock/Dark, with respectable Attack and bulk.

the reason the item balls were replaced with chests - mimics!

Okay, that first crit was Bite, which is a 60 BP STAB move. Rock Tomb, here, is...a 60 BP STAB move. They should do the same damage, right? How does a crit do 24 and a normal hit does 15? I don't think these are gen 6 crits...

so first off, if the phys/spec split isn't implemented, bite is special and rock tomb is physical. it's probably that. second, at 24, the non-crit would be 12 - it's easy to imagine a damage roll reaching from 12 to 15.

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
The official website claims that clover has an "upgraded gen-7 standardized battle engine," so if a crit did 24 damage, the normal hit probably did around 16.

I'm really enjoying how detailed your run is. Hopefully you manage to stay alive.

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
The "10.000 lightyears away from Brock" joke never fails to crack me up. He really is 10.000 lightyears away!
That is an absolutely fantastic wallpaper for the death box.
And... ugh, Mudpants. I think that's my least favorite design of the hack. Yes, even Semdrop or its evos aren't as... disgusting as that.

enbygonetimes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
they/he
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Ground
oh man. the last time i saw anything of clover, it was the two-gym demo that ended right before cerulean cape.

i'm honestly pretty sad that they got this up to the E4 and basically finished it, but Sage is stuck forever at the three-gym demo. it's completely understandable, of course, that a hack is easier to complete than a completely scratch-made fangame. but Sage is actually interesting! and they made a concerted effort to grow the hell up and not make infantile jokes every two seconds! oh well.

SnackyTheSylph

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
A nuzlocke of Clover? Nifty! It's hard to believe that the hack is 4-5 years old already.

...wow, it is. I totally haven't thought about that. My perception of internet time is so off.
and yes, to point out the elephant in the room, it's based on exactly what you'd think it is.

darude - sandstorm

the reason the item balls were replaced with chests - mimics!

so first off, if the phys/spec split isn't implemented, bite is special and rock tomb is physical. it's probably that. second, at 24, the non-crit would be 12 - it's easy to imagine a damage roll reaching from 12 to 15.

Yeah, it is. Somehow I totally glossed over that.
That is the name. It took me way too long to realize Darude was the artist and Sandstorm was the song. I just called it Darude Sandstorm.
Oh, yeah. I do appreciate them for their held items. We'll be seeing this feature a little later today.
I'm pretty certain the split is in. And, yeah that's true. Damage variance continues to be my worst enemy.
The official website claims that clover has an "upgraded gen-7 standardized battle engine," so if a crit did 24 damage, the normal hit probably did around 16.

I'm really enjoying how detailed your run is. Hopefully you manage to stay alive.
Aww. Well, that and what Mattman said make me think I just tunnel-visioned to "that won't kill me!" Without actually thinking about it. I should be more careful with damage numbers in the future. And thanks! I'll do my best.
The "10.000 lightyears away from Brock" joke never fails to crack me up. He really is 10.000 lightyears away!
That is an absolutely fantastic wallpaper for the death box.
And... ugh, Mudpants. I think that's my least favorite design of the hack. Yes, even Semdrop or its evos aren't as... disgusting as that.

Someone on /vp/ had to point that joke out before I noticed it. But yes, it continues to be hilarious and I do appreciate it now.
Mudpant's design is even worse (for however much worse a Sonic/Chris-chan/diaper fusion design can get) when you realize its Pokedex entry implies that its "Sand" Stream is a literal shitstorm.
oh man. the last time i saw anything of clover, it was the two-gym demo that ended right before cerulean cape.

i'm honestly pretty sad that they got this up to the E4 and basically finished it, but Sage is stuck forever at the three-gym demo. it's completely understandable, of course, that a hack is easier to complete than a completely scratch-made fangame. but Sage is actually interesting! and they made a concerted effort to grow the hell up and not make infantile jokes every two seconds! oh well.

My first exposure to clover was the 8-gym demo release. Of course, by that time Sage was already in development hell, so I never knew much about it, but I am intrigued by it. I hope some day it'll actually get finished and I can play it.

goddamn it maybe one day i'll finish writing these before i accidentally post them

And we're back! I did some grinding. Here's the results:

To2hoyk.png
dX9M38O.png

The DDT spray is a slightly better Max Repel. I stole it off of a wild Nauseon. TEAM. REVIEW.

zxNpjT1.png

Having Cotton Guard will be nice, I expect. I also stole a Light Ball for her off of a wild Pikotton. That process definitely took me several hours, and I definitely took the time to get the legit 5% chance and did not use any "Gen 3 Hacking Suite" to raise the chance of wilds holding it or anything ridiculous like that. No, officer, don't worry. Haha! im in college okay im not grinding for a 5% item hold chance on a wild that rare

Please play the game legit.

2oOzN6i.png
gbWaxUq.png
DjA4Y6e.png
KhPfdob.png

These kids are pretty much the same, though Sikness learned Glare while I was killing Pikottons for a light ball.

3GO57g3.png

Tulure
Water
65/70/70/58/62/70
The early evolution is nice. The problem is, both of its split evos are by stone, and it'll be a little bit before I can get the stones. It'll become less useful as I get later into the game before I evolve it, so I may box it later for its own safety. It's a good Thiefer for now, though.

Alright, into Mt. Moot.

p0Pqiks.png

Nice, nice.

b2JPNga.png
g1rFBKg.png
g41f4jn.png
rs9sPP3.png
nRuWsPm.png
q7cd9UA.png

Gross, dude.

I'm really bad at capping trainer wins but there's a bunch of trainers in here so everyone leveled up at least once.

emTo6AS.png

Oh, here's Armando. It's pretty much the Machop line, but with the HP and Speed swapped. I would've liked to have one, but maybe later.

8KFi2Ms.png
FsOW838.png
UsTMQCG.png

Bullet Seed is good in this game. I also gave it to Hyenard.

Remember how I said everyone leveled up at least once? Grasshole was level 15.

m6p9jNr.png
RkuAcZC.png

Good.

mxmfOMw.png

Analgae
Grass/Ground
70/80/80/55/60/60
Man, seeing that Attack (base 80) and Sp. attack (base 55) almost being the same is kind of depressing. Analgae here is a serviceable midstage. Grass/Ground is pretty decent offensively for this point in the game, too. But considering this is a difficult hack, being 4x weak to Ice is a liability for the Water gym leader. He won't see a ton of action there.

OH SHIT I FORGOT TO REVIEW FRIEDEN WHEN IT EVOLVED

AMeoMNy.png

Frieden
Normal/Flying
58/65/59/55/65/65
I completely forgot. But, yeah. This thing has good moves for this point in the game (Thief is always a plus, and Rollout is good for trainer battles), so its stats should hold out until its final evolution. And yes, that is GEN 6 GALE WINGS. Once he learns a good Flying move he'll be a monster.

Anyway...there's a little side area, as a memorial to Moot.

MJ2W0em.png

John 4chan.

0ZwpdZL.png
M8CE7uL.png
nNHD5eo.png

So Clover Moot actually died, I guess.

6cXg7ef.png
fXfAkgf.png
WmWtEk7.png

F

wGbFD1V.png

Back to the main game. Here's this mechanic. See that item box over there?

kMhtmlz.png

Yeah, it's a mimic. These are actually fantastic because...

FnLcv3Y.png
rCpfAx1.png
FqD5NgT.png

Cash money dollars :magellan:
we have goddamn squiddle smiles???? :tanglebuddies: :tanglebuddies: :tanglebuddies:
i read homestuck while i was away so that totally went over my head when I was first here, but they've been here the whole time

who on the crew is/was homestuck?????? now i need to know

0pFd7Nr.png

Oh yeah, the fossils are technically optional here. But I'm gonna go take one anyway.

Fu6swXd.png

The only notable thing this guy has is this new thing. I don't really know what its stats are, but I do get the joke. It's a reference to all the Gen 1 Pokedex entries that randomly mention Indian Elephants.

aUln3C3.png

Good.

I'll keep my choice in suspense for now, cuz it doesn't really matter yet.

MtT04bL.png

Oh, hey, it's Keksandra!

0MkBz8v.png

Your bad, I guess.

12woVU9.png
WVhXZbY.png

that is what they would say

z7jxAUN.png

Of course.

OO1w17g.png
8yuSgVL.png

WEAK.

pfIb4C6.png

Ejacasm's evolution. It's pretty bulky, and also Poison type.

Tg7kyl8.png

HOLY SHIT HE USED METRONOME AND GOT FISSURE

THANK GOD HE MISSED

ToPL6dM.png

And here's why Thief is so good. You can yoink items off of trainers. This obviously isn't great, but they get really good later.

ZvHfNvB.png

Heh, he got this out of Metronome. You learn that normally, silly!

wNe8n06.png

Buh-bye!

4ec69sd.png

Last one. This thing is a fast Electric/Psychic type.

k5dY0dv.png

Still metronoming.

Rng7xJI.png

Doesn't matter.

rnspWt5.png

You do that.

H7pT00z.png

And we're out. Thank you, rock of telegraphing hidden items.

seteLVF.png
pFSSe8w.png

Lots of dupes on this route, but here's a new one. This was also in both of the caves I've been in.

jUrFoim.png

This guy nabbed me on the way to the city, which was scary cuz I was leading with a 1/4th dead Analgae, but it was fine.

LF5V0ya.png

Wedgard
Ground
50/80/60/10/50/75
This thing is decent. I sort of consider it a better version of Mudpants in terms of stats. However, it has a similar problem to Sandshrew: it's slow to get good moves and at the end of the day, its stats are only okay. It can chill in the box for now; I have Analgae as a ground type.

cIemQZE.png

I think that's a good place to stop. We'll explore Actuvit city later. See ya!

Last edited:

Mattman324

bread
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
Darude was the artist and Sandstorm was the song. I just called it Darude Sandstorm.

darude - sandstorm

who on the crew is/was homestuck?????? now i need to know

lord I don’t even remember, that was like seven years ago that those were added. maybe eight. it’s been ages and the forum’s gone through a lot of mods and admins.

Users who are viewing this thread