• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
ACottontail

Page 56 - A centimeter toward the first gym

The next step was for Sonia to install a railroad that would not let you pass until you talk to her.
Author's notes:
*The first thing I wanted to do upon getting into Turffield was to get the steel gym uniform to make the trainer look more like Corrin. There was a line of NPCs in the way practically railroading me to talk to Sonia. To quote my notes: "Anyway I go to Turffield only to be bombarded by the story I have been relentlessly skipping. I really wanted to go into the gym building to buy the steel uniform. It looks like armor, so then my character's Corrin look would be complete. However there were gym challengers blocking the way for some reason, and the game had giant neon lights saying "FOLLOW SONIA". I checked the next route which was blocked by a perfectly intact "broken" bridge. I mean it's okay the first time you play, but the railroading in pokemon can sometimes be really obnoxious. I mean I would understand if the other challengers were lined up at the reception desk, but no they prevented you from entering the gym outright. Just, why?

*At this point honestly who remembers the gym challenge. Yuuya and um... just Yuuya does.

Media information

Category
Comics! (Use me)
Album
Questionable Influence
Added by
ACottontail
Date added
View count
Comment count

Share this media